Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I am really enjoying my three day weekend so far. It started with celebrating my hubby's birthday Friday. Kyli, my granddaughter who will be two next Friday, came to spend the night. She helped BoBo (my hubby) eat his birthday cake and he even got a taste himself! He had to go to work yesterday at noon and work on a hay wagon that was needing some of his auto body skills. As he was getting ready to leave, I met him at the farm with Kyli and she got to see the new baby moos. She loved it. Her first response when we pulled into the field with all the mamas and babies was "Wooooowwww!" I rolled the window down on the truck so she could see them a little better and she started mooing at them. It was so cool when they all started mooing back!! I can't describe how delightful it was to watch her face as we drove among the cows and calves for her to see them! Then we took her home to Daddy. What a joy she is! I went to bed early last night and am just kicking back a little before I head off to the stamp room for a day of stamping!
This is a card I made at the all day crop a little over a week ago. I sent this off to Cathy Singleton for her birthday. Cathy is one of the very talented group of stampers I have joined in a group called the Divas of Stamping. The card base is Wild Wasabi and I used Pretty in Pink for the layers. The background piece is one of the zillions of pieces of faux handmade papers I made for a technique challenge over at Splitcoaststampers last summer. The technique was so much fun! Here's how I did it:
I cut pieces of white card stock into quarter sheets. Using three or four colors of acrylic paints, I used toilet paper (the cheap stuff works best) to daub the colors, starting with the lightest, onto the card stock. As the paint is added to the paper, small bits of the TP stick to the paint and card stock added the most awesome texture! I just couldn't stop making pieces of this background paper!!
Anyway, I used pink, green, and cream colored paints to make this piece. I used a Martha Stewart border and matching corner punch to make the border on the pink layer. I added little half pearls and pink taffeta ribbon from Stampin' Up! to the Magnolia image that was colored with Copic markers. I used a clear glitter gel pen to add a little sparkle to her wings. I loved how this card turned out and I hope Cathy did, too!!
Thanks for stopping in today and have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie. I plan to watch the Daytona 500 with mine with lots of stamping mixed in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!