La La Land
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
The library cards were obtained from our wonderful Foundation for Education. They run a store where everything is free for teachers. The supplies and funds come from business and individual contributions from the community. Of course, we have limits on how much we can take each month to ensure there is enough to go around. It doesn't supply all my needs, but it sure helps and I'm am so grateful to have this resource available to me!
I made a little folder just a bit bigger than the cards, then added a little pocket to hold the cards. Each student will have a card for their check outs to be recorded.
Hopefully, I'll get a little creative time in today before I head back to work tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Anyway, this project was over a year in the making. Getting the image, blowing it up, and getting it colored was the easy part. When that was finally done, I realized I didn't have a frame to fit it after all. But I remembered that the LSS had exactly what I was looking for on their clearance rack....so off I went to get it. Well, not exactly. It was more like trying to remember to get it when I was in the store which is harder than you might think! You see, I have a little problem with follow-through unless I write it down. Anyway, by the time I remembered, the store had put away the items on the clearance rack to make room for more new stuff and an up-coming move. They were sweet enough to dig it out of the store room for me and I finally had the frame at home.
Of course, because I have follow-through issues, the frame sat untouched for almost another year before I got it out and got it painted. From there it was pretty quickly accomplished. I layered the image on some retired Tango Tangerine dsp and finished it off. I even managed to get it delivered within the week and she loved it! In fact, even though she is sure it will get her in trouble, she says it will proudly hang in the computer lab. She says her kids will totally get it.
Well, I had fun making this little project even if it did take me forever to complete. Hope you liked it too!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Stamps: La La Land
Paper: Bazzil card stock, Whisper White, Basic Gray Eskimo Kisses dsp
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: ribbon, half pearls, translucent glitter, pop dots, colored pencils and Gamsol
Thursday, August 4, 2011
The first thing I grabbed was the 6x6 stack of Basic Gray Kraft dsp that I just had to have and never cut into. I love the look of black and kraft together, so I didn't even have to think about my second color. I dug through my stash of colored images (just love to sit and color some days) and the rest just came together. I really had a great time creating this card, so I hope you like it too! Thanks for stopping in!!
Lucky Stamper, in which Kathy made a long card. I really got the urge to make a card in that size and here is the result of my efforts. I used a hostess set from SU! and some old dsp in chocolate chip and pink pirouette. I even got into my stash of buttons and used them for the flower centers. Definitely not a card that will be mailable without a bubble envie, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Thanks for the inspiration, Kathy!!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Right on the top was a pad of Kaiser Craft papers with an abandoned card attempt on top along with some other assorted paper scraps from that attempt. I remember putting it together and just not feeling the love. It looked like it just might work for this image.
So this is what I ended up with. I even used some of the fibers I found earlier this summer. The label the sentiment is stamped on is part of the paper stack. This is going to be the perfect birthday card for one of the sweetest ladies I know. She is most definitely well-behaved, but has a wonderful sense of humor and I think she will love this card. Today is her birthday, but we will be celebrating at the LSS later this week.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping in.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
A friend of mine requested a card box for her daughter's baby shower later this month. The theme for the baby's room and the shower is butterflies, so this is what I came up with. I used an empty box that I found in my closet (had a bunch of coffees and cocoas in it originally) and covered it with pink butterfly papers. The butterflies were covered with a two sided adhesive and then cut with a Spellbinder's die. After cutting, I removed the top layer of adhesive and covered the butterflies with micro-fine glitters in pinks and greens. Strips of acetate allow the topmost butterflies to "hover" over the box.Here's a close up of a couple of the butterflies so you can see the glitter effect.
Now that I can smell the books and dry erase markers looming on the horizon, I am going to try to make the last couple weeks of summer vacation more productive. Off to create!!!