Wednesday, August 10, 2011
I'll try to be nicer...
Anyway, this project was over a year in the making. Getting the image, blowing it up, and getting it colored was the easy part. When that was finally done, I realized I didn't have a frame to fit it after all. But I remembered that the LSS had exactly what I was looking for on their clearance rack....so off I went to get it. Well, not exactly. It was more like trying to remember to get it when I was in the store which is harder than you might think! You see, I have a little problem with follow-through unless I write it down. Anyway, by the time I remembered, the store had put away the items on the clearance rack to make room for more new stuff and an up-coming move. They were sweet enough to dig it out of the store room for me and I finally had the frame at home.
Of course, because I have follow-through issues, the frame sat untouched for almost another year before I got it out and got it painted. From there it was pretty quickly accomplished. I layered the image on some retired Tango Tangerine dsp and finished it off. I even managed to get it delivered within the week and she loved it! In fact, even though she is sure it will get her in trouble, she says it will proudly hang in the computer lab. She says her kids will totally get it.
Well, I had fun making this little project even if it did take me forever to complete. Hope you liked it too!