Monday, December 27, 2010

Recycle It!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas with friends and family. I know we did...got to see all the kids over the two days and most of the grands, too! It warmed up nicely for Christmas day, but got really cold again that night and never warmed up yesterday....freezing again today. I hear that there were reports of snow all around us, though I never saw any of that nasty white stuff, and very glad I didn't!!
It seems like everyone gets in the mood to start over and get things cleaned out with the approaching new year, so Totally Stampalicious has a very appropriate challenge for this week, and they even started things up a little early. This week's challenge is to grab something headed for the trash, or maybe even out of the trash, to make your project. I had some ribbon spools that I had thrown away that were in three parts...a small plastic bobbin, a foam ring, and two cardboard disks. I grabbed the first two parts back pretty quickly thinking there must be a use for them in the crafting world. Before those cardboard disks hit the big can, I pulled them back, too. No wonder my room is always such a mess!!
I used the plastic bobbins and foam rings to make Christmas tree ornaments for the grands.  I used the Angel Bear set and colored them with Copics. I used punches and Nesties for the various layers. Added a bunch of sparkle with tiny gems or pearls and Stickles. Found the little charms in a box of Christmas embellishments that I buy and rarely use, so they are almost recycled, too!!

3 comments:

  1. What fun ornaments...sure to be cherished as they were made with love.....very clever recycling project

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Lynnor! Great idea to recycle the ribbon spools! Great picture too with your gorgeous tree and the fireplace going in the background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!