Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sure ham glad I got this set!




When I went to the mailbox yesterday, I was really expecting it to be empty. All the bills that come at this time of the month are in and I haven't ordered anything new. Imagine how excited I was to see the padded yellow envie from Canada!! I knew one of the new sets from Totally Stampalicious (check them out at the  link on the right just below the Totally Spampalicious badge) would be in it, but I didn't know which one it would be. This Farmer Hawg set is so perfect for me! Hubby works on a farm and we live out in the country. Wild hogs are regular visitors to our yard and cow pasture, and sometimes they don't move along quickly enough and they end up in the freezer!! As soon as sweet little Kyli was safely back with Mommy and Daddy, I had to ink up my new set!! I was planning what papers to use as I was driving Kyli home.

The papers are from Basic Gray's Granola collection. Most of them are pretty masculine and thought the striped sheet would make some cool bibs for my cute little farmer! The layout is completely random. Just cut some pieces from the stack and added them to the card base. Colored the image with markers and sponged the sky with light blue ink. Popped the image layer up with dome pop dots to get it above the twine. Added some copper brads, dew drops and a little swatch of ribbon. Just a quick, easy card.

Okay, Rachael, now I'm off to work on your wedding invitations!!! Promise!!! I have an idea in my head that I think you will really like!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this set on Stampalicious' site. Your layout is perfect for this set. Great job! as usual....
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!