Saturday, October 24, 2009

John Deere easel card

It seems like it takes forever for me to find a few minutes to stamp something and get it posted here, or anywhere else, for that matter! One of my friends at work has a grandson who is turning one this next week and while she is a fabulous artist and designer, she seems to be a little intimidated by the smaller work area of a card. So, she asked me to make a card for Malachi's birthday which will be in the theme of John Deere tractors. I had to go searching for an image to suit the occasion and found the one I used on this card at DigitalInkCo.com. I have only recently started using some digital images. I have to admit, I had considered them "cheating" but I have discovered that I really like how quickly the product is delivered, the itty bitty storage space, and the flexibility of being able to resize the iamges to my project. There is no danger of me giving up my actual rubber and acrylic stamps, but I love having options!
For this card, I decided to try the easel card that was featured as a technique challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. This was soooooo easy and lots of fun. In fact, I want to go back and do another one while I have a few minutes to do some stamping! I used markers to color the image and sponged a little blue and green around the background. The sentiment image is from Close to My Heart as is the little wheel image I used to make the stop on the easel stand. The background paper is by Basic Gray and I ran the yellow cardstock through the BigShot with the Cuttlebug diamond plate embossing folder. I think my friend will be pleased with the card I created for her grandson. I hope you enjoy it too!


1 comment:

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!