Saturday, December 5, 2009

Life is a journey....


I'd really like to get back to the place where it didn't take me three days to complete a card! Hopefully I will get lots of creating done today at the all day crop down at Priceless! There is so much going on in town today....the big game....GO GATORS!!!, the Christmas parade just a few blocks from where I will be, and some other things that I won't be doing because I'll be stamping! That's kinda nice that it won't be a bunch of other things instead of stamping, for a change. You can bet that Gator game will be on at the crop though....hehehehe!!
Poor little Kyli was at the Children's Express yesterday with a 104 temp. They said it's a throat infection, gave Mommy and Daddy some scripts and got her temp down. She was lookin' pretty good again by the time we left there. I got the message about her going to the ER as I was leaving work yesterday and just went straight into town.
Anyway, enough of my rambling....I used some Halloween paper to make this card. Saw it at Priceless and it just screamed to be used with the Road Hawg set from Totally Stampalicious. They have a sketch challenge going on over there this week and I got this done with very little time to spare! It still didn't turn out like I pictured it in my head, but I guess my cards rarely do. I used a Close To My Heart set to add the zipper along the border. Glitter gel pen made all the chrome parts of the bike shimmer and a little Crystal Effects gave his paint job a lacquered look. Of course, I had to pull out the Diamond Plate embossing folder!! I am considering adding a sentiment to the bottom of the card, but haven't made up my mind which one I want to use yet. I think I will wait until I actually send the card to in order to make it appropriate.
Sue and I were talking about this card yesterday during homeroom. We kept coming up with more ideas for future cards made with this set, zippers, and leather. The kids probably all think we are crazy because we get all excited about making things out of paper! That's okay...they don't know that being a little crazy is one of the job requirements of being an ESE teacher!!
If you made it this far, thanks for hanging in with all my blah, blah, blah....
Have a great day.... I hope you get to lots of creating!!

3 comments:

  1. This is even cooler than I imagined. It turned out great. Now, I'll go look for that zipper.. lol
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper ROCKS, Lynnor...and how cool is that zipper!!! This is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome paper for your biker hawg! Can't get much more masculine than that!! Great card, Lynnor!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!