Monday, December 28, 2009

Ribbon Wreath


 Last night, I was checking out the gallery for the featured stamper challenge over at splitcoaststampers and I came across this lovely card by suen. I loved the ribbon wreath she had made for the card and was thrilled to see she had included the link for the video tutorial with her post. I immediately ran to the stamp room and grabbed a bobbin of ribbon and made one.....sooooooo easy!!
This morning I used my wreath on this card which is made from scraps of at least two sets of Basic Gray Christmas papers from years past. Also used some Chocolate Chip and River Rock card stock that was with these scraps. I think I had made star books are some other such project with this stack of scraps. Added lots of little blingies to it....you know how I like that bling The sketch I used was spotted on one of the blogs I read. It's from Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday. It wasn't on the Skipping Stones blog, so I'm not even sure this is a current sketch for them, but here is the sketch I used.


 
The card measures 5 1/4" square. The wreath takes approximately two yards of ribbon to make. I used a 1/4" satin ribbon I found at Target in the wedding and party department. Well, I'm off to see what I can pick up at Priceless. Tricia is having her after Christmas sale today! If you are in the area, you should stop by and don't forget you pink Priceless bag because you get an additional 20% off of the discounted Christmas merchandise! Awesome deal!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lynnor, you did a great job on the ribbon. I think that's the cutest ribbon treatment so far for me to see. Cool & awesome job :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!