Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snowy Ornaments




I first saw these ornaments a few years ago on Splitcoaststampers and wanted to make them as the annual ornament for the kids and grandkids. I finally got around to getting the supplies to make them a couple of years ago right after Christmas. Then the supplies sat in the closet until the following summer when I dug them out and made them up. I knew they weren't completed and so they did not get used last year. Over this past summer, I must have gotten them out and added the faces (rub-ons) that had been in my stash for longer than the other supplies. I ran across them the other day while looking for a piece of ribbon to make up into a giant bow for one of Kyli's big gifts from Santa. When I pulled them out to finish them off, I was surprised to see that I had already done them. Maybe I didn't...maybe it was an elf or something that found them and put on the finishing touches? Anyway, some of them actually got passed out yesterday during our Christmas celebration. Had to keep one for myself, too!
Now, what to make for next year's ornaments? Maybe I should dig out those nearly completed counted cross stitch snowman ornaments that I haven't touched in about five years? I think I'll worry about that a little later. For today, I plan to spend some time in my neglected stamp room! Happy stamping!

Had to come back and add a couple of details after reading Anne's comment below! The hats are made from infant socks. the top of the sock is glued to the ball and the toes are cut into strips and then tied with cord and ribbon to make the pom pom part. The cord for hanging is added to the hanger of the bulb before closing the "toe' of the sock with ribbon. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment, Anne! I haven't been blogging all that long, so I'm not surprised I'm still a little incognito! Hugs, Lynnor

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Lynnor, I've just now discovered your blog! Where have I been? I absolutely love that ornament. I would never have thought to use stickers on a clear ornament. Did you knit the hat? Oh, too sweet this. Perfect gifts. I see why Kyli is so special to you: she's precious. Happy New Year, Lynnor! Anne Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous blog.......thanks for commenting on SCS........this made me find you....Cheers and have a great Christmas.

    Hugs....Brenda

    www.luv2glitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll pick up some ornaments on clearance this week and stash them away to create some of these delightful snowmen for the kids next year!! They are wonderful, Lynnor!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!