Saturday, March 13, 2010

Paper Doll Inspiration

I made this card for the inspiration challenge over at Splitcoaststampers today. The inspiration site today was a company called Warm Biscuit where they had the most adorable bedding for children and fabrics that were just beyond belief!! So many lovely patterns it was difficult to choose. That is until I saw some lovely pink fabric with a paper doll pattern on it. It immediately reminded me of the cute double sided Graphic 45 paper I picked up at Priceless Scrapbooks the other day. I only bought one sheet and if I hadn't used it today, as much as I love it, it probably would have ended up being hoarded and used years down the line!
I used the paper as my starting point in creating my card.
I used a strip of the reverse side to make a band across the center of the card. I used Real Red dsp from SU! and a MS border punch to make a loopy border for it. I dug out an ancient SU! set called Buttons, Bows and Twinkletoes to stamp my paper doll image and colored it with Copic markers. I made a tag using a scrap of the dp and the ticket corner punch to make a tag for the sentiment. Added rick rack and red gingham ribbon, some buttons, and popped it all up on dimensionals to complete the card. This was fun to make and I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!