Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Desk top box

While I was at the Friday night crop at Priceless last weekend, I just couldn't seem to do anything right! Everything came out looking awful, I was afraid to even try coloring, and I finally just gave up and decided to play with my flower Nestie dies and some scrap papers. They were the only thing that seemed to be right, so I just kept making flowers. Then I decided to try them with some of the new SEI dsp, but I used the lighter weight solid sheets. They turned out so pretty with a matching brad in the center!! It had been a really long time since I made one of these desk top boxes that were created by Karli, a fellow blogger, teacher, and crafter extroidinaire. I first saw them on her blog, Crafting with Class, last summer and made several of them. I decided to use the same SEI series of papers to make another of these boxes.
I had to adjust the measurements just a bit to accommodate this border/corner punch combo from Martha Stewart. The ribbon is from May Arts and is actually a perfect match for the pink in the papers and super shiny!! I used a Just Right alphabet stamp to make the monogram on the lid. Here is a shot with the box open. It would look better with something in it, but I haven't decided if I am going to use this at home or at school.
Maybe I'll just fill it with chocolate for emergencies!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute Lynnor!! love those flowers!!! ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn it...everytime I leave a note and then click off I see your word verification...shoooksy! okay...such a fun project...I might be tempted to hide a few pieces of candy in this little box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little box. Very creative idea, and yes chocolates are perfect to hide in here. hee hee

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!