Saturday, May 8, 2010

Father's Day....a little early

Since I don't have my mom here with me anymore to make Mother's Day cards for, I get through this holiday by making my Father's Day cards early. I do have a card to give my DIL tomorrow, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet. This is the card I made for my son when Father's Day finally rolls around. As the sentiment says, this card really was made just for him! He loves cooking out on the grill and does so at every opportunity, so the king of the grill image is perfect for him. This cute digital image is from Mo's Digital Pencil and is one of several Big Guy images she has recently released...love 'em all!!! The shorts, flip flops and puffed chest are all perfect for him. I even gave him a Bucs hat! The background was made by using Mod Podge to adhere a paper dinner napkin to a piece of cardstock....a fun technique that makes for some very interesting backgrounds or even focal images.
The image was colored with Copic markers. I will be taking an intermediate class on coloring with Copics in a couple of weeks and hope to learn a few tricks to help me get  better at coloring with this medium I am totally addicted to. I know I also need to practice and with summer fast approaching, I hope to be able to do just that!!
Thanks for stopping in and I'd like to wish all the moms out there a fabulous Mother's Day! I will be spending mine with my little granddaughter who is napping right now and getting all charged up for a fun evening bouncing on me and BoBo (her grandpa). Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!