Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Frog in a boot

This is another of the cards I made this past weekend using brand new rubber and papers. The image is from Great Impressions. I picked it up at the LSS, Priceless Scrapbooks, while I was at the Friday night crop. The papers are new Basic Gray dsp, Capella. I left my Copics at home Friday night and forced myself to use my watercolor crayons as they have been so neglected lately. They really aren't as vibrant as the Copic's and I won't be leaving them at home anymore! I still love the crayons, but for this image, I think the Copics would have looked better.
The flowers I used are super simple to make. I read about how to make them on a blog just last week. They are made using a scallop circle plunch, a paper crimper, and a brad....to easy. Just punch out three of the scalloped circles from regular card stock and run them through the crimper. Then squish up the scalloped circles. This breaks down the fibers of the card stock. Open the circles up again and as you do, you should see that the edges are starting to separate into layers. Pull apart into two layers on each of the circles. Stack them up, punch a hole in the centers and add a brad to hold them together. Then squish the layers up around the brad, one layer at a time. Fiddle with it and fluff it until you get the look you want. For the flowers on this card, I used white card stock and sponged the edges with a plum-colored ink. They look like colored carnations you would get from the florist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!