Monday, July 19, 2010

Card for your best friend challenge

The challenge at Totally Stampalicious this week is to make a card for your best friend, whoever that may be....your girl friend, hubby, the dog....whoever!! Instead of trying to pick a BEST friend, I decided to make a card in honor of all my girls.....You're the best!!!
 For my card today, I used Cafe Scarlette, one of the newest Bugaboo images released by Totally Stampalicious in an acrylic stamp. She comes with some of the cutest sentiments and I added mine to the inside.
Other little details include the crocheted flower which I made with white crochet thread and then dyed with Regal Rose reinker diluted with water. I knew I wanted to use the flower on my card, so that influenced my choice of papers, but the placement was dictated by an embellishment opportunity. You see, there is a huge ink smudge under the flower that happened after the image had been colored and cut out......uuuugggghhhhh!!!! The saffron oval layer may look a little wonky if you look too closely, but be gentle, please. That oval was hand cut because I didn't have an oval die the right size to get this last layer!

 Stamps: Cafe Scarlette by Totally Stampalicious
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, So Saffron, GP white, Basic Gray Lemonade
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Regal Rose
Accessories: Scallop border punch, round tab punch, label punch, nestabilities, ribbon, pearls, pearl brads, crocheted flower, reinkers, Copic markers, square punches, sponge

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lynnor, love your crocheted flower. That nestie label is on my list, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sensational card, Lynnor!! Gorgeous colors and papers and fabulous crocheted blossom embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS, Lynnor...the colors are absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!