stars and I just had to try them.....so easy!! I have been making these little guys in the evenings while winding down before bed and thought I'd use a few of them today on a patriotic card. I've had this Courage set from SU! since last year, but had never inked it up. I used Tim Holtz distress inks to age all my layers including the stars, and used reinkers and an water brush to add a touch of color to the image.
I spent yesterday down at the LSS playing with a couple of friends. One of the girls was making some cards for the Fourth, so I gave her some of these stars to use. I also found a couple of the cutest little blue buttons in the shape of a 4....how perfect! She added them to the centers of the stars...her cards turned out so cute...should have taken a picture!! The best part of the day was yet to come!! My dear friend Sue showed up for a little while, and she gave me the prettiest stack from SEI called Poppy. It had a sheet in it that what white on white poppies with some of them being glossy. I had to try some glimmer mist on it and the color I used was Dreamcicle.....gorgeous!!! That got us to playing with all the available colors of glimmer mist and papers that had slick or glittered areas. What a BLAST!!!!! We had them all laid out on the table to dry when we left. Tomorrow I think we'll play with some of our creations!! I won't even start about the new Cuttlebug embossing/cutting dies that came in and we experimented with...I'll just leave that at Wow for now!!