Friday, September 4, 2009

Just chillin'


I actually made this card a few weeks agao just before school starrted. I just had to try this technique I found on a blog called Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. She has some of the most awesome tutorials!!! I will try to get a link posted to her site. You will definitely want to check out some of her video tutorials.
For this one I was able to use some scraps of designer Christmas paper from Basic Gray. I just cut the scraps into little pieces and then laid them out on a piece of sticky strip with one side of the adhesive exposed. Some areas of the adhesive are left open and you sprinkle a colored embossing powder over it. I used silver on this card. The embossing powder sticks to the adhesive. Then you just heat it up as usual and trim you finished piece down to the size you need. I added a scalloped border of matching silver paper along the edges.
The stamped image is from Close To My Heart called Chillin' and I believe it is still available. I shaded him lightly with Copic markers and colored his scarf with Stampin' Up! markers. The card base is stamped with a flourish image using Versamark for a very subtle pattern. I have a really hard time leaving empty spaces on my cards!
With the long weekend I hope to get in some quality stamping time this weekend!! I hope everyone has a great holiday, however you choose to spend it!!
Took a few minutes to find Dawn's video tutorial for this technique and add the link. You can view her easy to follow instructions here if you need a more visual description of what I have done to make this background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!