Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cards for St. Jude's




Good Sunday morning to all! As I type this, I have my sweet Kyli on my lap. She was wanting some snuggle time before we eat breakfast, so I thought I'd take a couple of minutes to post this before my weekend is gone. I followed one blog to another blog the other day and came across Winter's blog. Winter is doing a Valentine's Day card drive in celebration of her blogaversary this month. I have a couple of cards finished to help her with her drive, but don't have any photos yet. But I really wanted to help get the word out and help Winter with her cause. I know it will mean a lot to the children at St. Jude's when they open all the wonderful cards she will take to them next month.
I know I almost always have more cards than I have recipients at the end of a holiday, so why not send those extras to Winter to take to these children? It's amazing to me how many children are served by St. Jude's and other hospitals for sick children. Way too many!!!
Well, it's 19 degrees here this morning! One of the news anchors this morning had the perfect word to describe this weather for Florida....obscene!!! Yes, obscene is the perfect word. I know we aren't as cold as the rest of the country, but this is Florida. We are not supposed to be this cold!! Kenny has to go outside and get the cows some water because their water trough is frozen and they are just licking the top of the ice trying to get some hydration!! But it's a perfect day for card making and crafting!! Happy stamping, all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!