Friday, January 1, 2010

Girly Magnolia Valentine

Before I tell you about today's card, I want to let those of you who know my dear friend, Sue Jones, know that Sue and her husband are at Shand's Hospital with their son Zack. Zack and my son, Robbie, are the same age, so when something happens to one of them it really hits home with both of us. Zack was in an accident involving a 4-wheeler and is in ICU at the hospital. He does not have any physical damage to his body, but it is feared that he may have some brain injury. They have put him into a coma-like state and they really won't know anything until he comes out of it in about three days. Please pray for Zack, Sue, and rest of the family as they deal with another tragic accident involving Zack and motor vehicle. It was just a few years ago that he was in a single car accident that nearly claimed his life. His recovery from that accident was nothing short of a miracle. I pray that God's grace will spare Zack a second time!

This cute image came to me via Bonnie, Sue's sister, who is another dear friend and stamping buddy. I think I learned almost everything I know about stamping from Bonnie and Sue!! She had stamped out a few of these images for me while she had the loan of this image from another stampin' bud. She's just too adorable holding that frog and getting ready to pucker up!!
As you can see, I am still stuck on these easel cards! I have made two others that I can't show you yet for the mid-January release of the new Totally Stampalicious images. I used a K and Co. Valentine stack and Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip card stock. The corner accents were made using the new corner punch by Stampin' Up! The brown lacey trim is a sticker trim also made by K and Co. I made the flowers by punching two sizes of hearts from card stock and then mounting them on a circle of card stock to form the flower. That all started when I had to come up with some sort of embellishment to cover the huge glob of ink that dumped from my Copic marker right on her shoe!! It was disastrous!!! Added a blingy center each of the flowers and a little glitter gel pen on her wings and crown.  I think this will be my Valentine card for Kyli this year.
Well, thanks for stopping in and I hope that each of you has a wonderful 2010!!! Please keep Sue and her family in prayer!!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is precious, Lynnor! Wonderful coloring!

    Oh my, I am so saddened to hear about your friends precious child! Sending lots of prayers!

    Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute!!! Love tilda she is sooo sweet!! Love all the pink tooo!!! :)

    I think I need to work with some of my Tildas, its been awhile for me!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, love the colors. Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!