Monday, April 12, 2010

Critter Challenge

Lots of exciting news at Totally Stampalicious this week. First of all, the challenge this week is to use a "critter" on your card. In honor of this challenge, for this week only, TS is offering this Rockin' Frawg or the Hawt Dawg set for $10 each! How's that for a deal?  I used Rockin' Frawg on my card with some of the papers I picked up a couple of weeks ago in my favorite color scheme...purple, blue, and green. I can't seem to stop using these papers, but I'm thinkin' I should have stopped this time. My card turned out a little on the wild side. I think the only people this card may appeal to would be my teenaged granddaughters! The image is completely paper pieced....mostly with those K and Co. papers. The guitar is brushed silver cs. I painted over his eyes and mouth with shimmery white Smooch paint. The flowers in the corners are firmly attached in the corners and then the outermost edge is popped up for a little dimension. Anway, it is what it is!

The next bit of news is the announcement of the newest guest designer to join the TS design team. This was actually posted last week on the TS blog, but I guess I was asleep at the switch (translated into "on Spring Break") and didn't mention it in last week's TS challenge post. We are so pleased to welcome Melissa from My Paper Obsession to the team and can't wait to see what she comes up with for the new release images.

Which brings me to the last bit of news....did ya notice the cool new blinkie at the top of my sidebar? Totally Stampalicious is releasing 8 images from Bugaboo digital images as acrylic images. Wait til you see them!!! They are so stinkin' adorable and I'm having a blast working up some samples using the new images! We will be having a blog hop to celebrate the new release on April 22 starting at 9 pm with the images being released for sale at midnight!

Well, I think that's all the big news for this week. If you decide to play along with the challenge, just use the Mr. Linky tool at the bottom of the post on the Totally Stampalicious blog. You can use any critter image you may have if you don't have any TS images yet.The sale is a great opportunity to add some TS images to your stamp collection. The frawg and dawg images are so much fun to play with! If you are posting your image on SCS, use TSMONDAY24 in your keywords so everyone can find it.

3 comments:

  1. Your delightful card reminds me of a song I used to sing with my students. It's called I'm in Love with a Big Blue Frog!!

    I love these fun papers and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE his eye lids, Lynnor...hilarious...this is fantastic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Froggin' Rocks! I love the glittery eyelids!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!