Sunday, April 25, 2010

Queen for the Day: Cathleen Torina!!

There is a new game on Splitoast Stampers called Queen for the Day and this is week 6! This week the stamper being honored is Cathleen Torina aka ctorina and she has a fabulous gallery!!! I ended up casing two of her cards which can be found by following the link to this week's game. This was my first card and I used one the newly released sets from Totally Stampalicious. This set is called Sean and is an acrylic version of a digital image from Bugaboo Digital Stamps. I kept the layout and whimsical feel of Cathleen's card, but changed the image, colors, and papers. Hers was a square card and I made mine a standard A2 size. I also added some ribbon and bling.
My second card is made with an image I received as a RAK from one of the sweetest stampers on SCS, StampMuse. She and I share a passion for all things that sparkle, shimmer, and contain glitter!! I think the image is by Sarah Kay, but I'm not sure. Thanks, M!!!
I have been wanting to do one of these boxes with the easel card as the topper and finally got one done Friday night. I used chocolate chip card stock and Close to Cocoa dsp for a majority of the project. The buttons for the drawer pulls are cordouroy brads by SU! and the sentiment is a rub on I've had for ages and never used. I used half pearls as the flower centers.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...great creations this morning! This sounds like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!