Friday, April 2, 2010

Inspired by a student's shirt!

One of my eighth grade boys was wearing a colorful striped shirt the other day and I thought the color combo would look great on a card! To duplicate the colors, I used Garden Green, Tempting Turquise, Whisper White, and piece of dsp in a  much lighter shade of Tempting Turquoise, I also wanted to play with a new corner/border punch set by Martha Stewart. I know better than to go to the wall with punches on it at Priceless, but I always end up over there anyway! I am soooo addicted to all the wonderful new border and corner punches they have been coming out with lately!! I managed to get it to come out right. It should be easy with the instructions and measurements that come with the punches, but I usually mess it up anyway!
The image is from Judith and is one I also picked up at Priceless. I colored it with Copics and added a touch of glitter to it. The bow was made from SU!'s white taffeta ribbon...I love how this stuff makes up into a bow and holds so well!
Today is a teacher work day. Just making sure our grades are all in the computer correctly and then working on lesson plans for the duration. We will skip lunch and have a cookout for the last hour....yummy!!! Don't think I'll be needing dinner while I'm at the Friday night crop tonight at Priceless!! Spring Break is on!!! I plan to do lots of creating!! Hope you get to also!!

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments...thanks for leaving one today!